Blush, blusher, rouge, bronzer, cheek tint: whatever you want to call it, it has been one of the most popular cosmetics throughout the ages.
Just by using blusher, you look more radiant as it gives your face a soft, healthy glow.
Blushing Beauty All Day Long
If you want your blush to last all day long, here are some of the secrets I have learned as a professional makeup artist:
- Prepare the canvas of your face with primer and foundation. These will not only help to smooth your complexion, but also give your blusher something to cling to.
- Just add colour – whether you brush on a powder, or apply a cream with your finger tips, start with a smile (good advice anytime really!). Then apply your blush to the apples of your cheeks, starting from underneath the middle of your eye, out and upwards towards your temples and hairline.
- Blend, blend, blend!
- Apply translucent powder, to help fix the colour and foundation.
- You may like to apply a dusting of highlighter to your cheekbones if you would like to emphasise them.
- Finish with a hydrating spray which again, helps set your makeup for long lasting results.
A Healthy Glow
The whole point of using blusher is to create a healthy glow – and yet it can actually have an adverse affect on your wellbeing!
Back in Elizabethan England, for example, blushers consisted of toxic ingredients such as lead, mercury, and arsenic. Although blusher has come a long way since then, it still pays to be careful about which blush you choose.
That’s why I recommend and stock Jane Iredale makeup, as it provides long lasting results that are actually good for your skin. When it comes to blush, the range includes loose and pressed mineral powders, sticks and creams, bronzers and highlighters – something to suit you, no matter what your skin type or age.
I would love to help you become a “blushing beauty” – so call or SMS 0404 845 133 or fill out the contact form today.