- Brow Pencil – Have you tried wearing pencil on your brows yet? Brow pencil is a great way to bring a bit of shape and definition to your brows – and a sleek brow helps to frame your whole face.
- Highlight your Eyes – Applying a teensy bit of highlighter to the inner corner of your eye, has the same effect as being in candlelight – flattering for every woman, especially if you’ve reached an age where you look better in soft focus!
- Winged Eyeliner – This look can take a bit of practice, it’s true, but is well worth the effort especially if you want to up the glamour factor!
- Mascara – The latest look is to wear mascara on your lower, as well as your upper lashes. Apply vertically with just the tip of your mascara wand, instead of the horizontal position you would use for your upper lashes.
- Bold Lip – Just in case you thought it was all about the eyes, a bold lip will also help to bring your look up to the minute. If it’s not something you’ve tried before, ease yourself into it by dabbing your finger on the tip of your lippie and then touching your finger to your lips, for a stain effect. As you try this over a couple of weeks, you will become more used to seeing colour and will be able to gradually go brighter and bolder.
And of course, if you’re not confident that you can make any of these makeup trends work for you – especially if you have a wedding, formal or other important occasion coming up – you can always make an appointment to see Jean for professional makeup tips, advice and application! Find out more – including prices – on the Jaibe Beauty Makeup webpage.